Self-esteem is how you value and respect yourself as a person.
Body image is both the mental picture you have of your own body and how you see yourself when you look in a mirror.
As you go through puberty and experience an imbalance in your hormones, you will experience dips in your self-esteem. Sometimes other things effect it such as changing class, body changes, problematic skin or negative comments from others.
Top tips to boost your self-esteem and body image:
- Keep a 'Top 10' kist of things you like about yourself
- Remind yourself that true beauty is not skin deep
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Wear clothes that make you feel comfortable
- Reduce your social media access and unfollow influencers or celebrities that edit pictures
- Practise good self-care: do nice things for yourself
Always remember your support networks if you need to talk or get some advice: