Lots of people like to play video or online games, that's both young people and adults. Gaming is a great hobby, it's competitive, fun and exciting... but it can also become addictive.
There is a difference between a healthy relationship with gaming and an unhealthy relationship with gaming.
An unhealthy relationship with gaming is when gaming causes stress and anger. You forget about the world around and are constantly thinking about or wanting to play the game. This can effect your sleeping and eating patterns and your interaction with people face to face.
The most addictive games of 2020 are:
- Fortnite: Battle Royale
- World of Warcraft: Legion
- Grand Theft Auto V
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Call of Duty
- Fallout 4
If you are worried about having an unhealthy relationship with gaming or worried about a friend you should:
1. Discuss your concerns with a trusted adult or report it on the SHARP system
2. Take a break every hour
3. Set an alarm for a maximum time to stay online
4. Introduce new hobbies that include your family or friends with other activities
Always remember your support network: